Microline is a developer, marketer and supplier of integrated software solutions for businesses on the Internet.
The company was founded in 1985, and originally served as distributor for the Digital Equipment Corporation, the world's second-largest computer company, as well as a software house dealing in the development of business applications in a variety of fields.
Microline's Project department has developed and implemented unique software and hardware projects, such as:
• A computerization project for the Israel Labor Federation's health organizations in Northern Israel.
• Computerization of the Israel Electric Corp. involving the installation of thousands of computers and dozens of servers.
• Schools computerization project in the framework of the Tomorrow 98 Project for the Ministry of education.
• National Geographic Information Project for the Israeli Ministry of constructing and housing collecting and creating the national GIS database of cadaster and parcels and urban building plans.
Microline's Software department has developed a variety of unique software solutions for Israeli government ministries, industrial, commercial and service companies. Microline development includes:
• BSmart CMS for managing dynamic web sites.
• Bsmart Server Farms for website building and hosting solution.
• Software for the management of urban building plans.
• Engineering software for GIS applications.
• Software for the management and maintenance of cadaster.
• AutoCAD-based microarchitect software products for architects and engineers.
The development of Microline's Internet applications is planned with the aim of providing a response to broad market segments which are not necessarily homogeneous in nature, placing emphasis on inbuilt connectivity with diverse systems and applications used worldwide and operated by people without prior knowledge in the application field.
This emphasis on and appeal to broad market segments and a heterogeneous user public in terms of its command of the intricacies of software and computers has led to the development of products that apply innovative methodologies in realizing user interfaces, without requiring installation at the user's premises.
In 2005 Microline announced BSmart, its first core product constituting a development platform for Internet applications, including the development, building and management of websites for workgroups, portals, communities, etc. in the Surf & Change methodology.
Thanks to its innovativeness, ease of use, capabilities and technological advantages over other solutions available in Israel and worldwide, the software has been chosen by over 6,000 Israeli businesses.
From 2005 through to early 2007 over 6,000 websites of different kinds based on the BSmart platform were ordered, delivered and assimilated. Clients that have embraced the platform include Agrexco, Alubin, Yellow Pages, MSN Israel, Teva-Abic, Materna, Malam etc.